Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Been a while...

So it's been a while since I last wrote...my bad. This summer has gone so quick- Work at NIH is the usual, living with the boys has been solid, and being 21- even better. Although, I've managed to "misplace" my license for the second time now...

Anyway, since i last wrote- I went out to Denver to see one of my best friends. First day out there, we hit altitude head on. I climbed a mountain. It was amazing, beautiful, and exhausting. I was a bit arrogant to think that because i run everyday, my lungs would somehow be pro at handling thin air. Wrong! Every 10 steps I was out of breath, which made getting to the top even better (minus the headache). That night we went to Redrocks, and saw Carbonleaf in concert. They were amazing, and it was great because the first song was about VA, where they are from and where my bro went to school...I felt right at home.

Some line dancing, late night diners, and many laughs later I came back home to celebrate the fourth of July, DC style. We went over to my friend who lives in Georgetown. Her balcony had an amazing view of the monument and the mall- it was awesome. Afterwards we hit some parties and went out for a while, good times all around.

3 more weeks left of my internship, and then it's back to WAC. I'm pumped for this year, it's gonna be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment